The Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen, TD, reacted to the new inflation figures published by the Central Statistics Office which show that the annual rate of inflation – the Consumer Price Index - was 5.2 per cent in January, up from the 4.9 per cent recorded in December. The annual rate of inflation as measured by the EU Harmonised Index of Consumer Prices (HICP) was 2.9 per cent in January.
The Minister for Finance, Mr. Brian Cowen T.D., today (Tuesday 20. February 2007) welcomed the fact that Ireland is one of the first Member States to fully transpose the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, or “MIFID” as it has come to be known. This has been achieved with the close assistance of the Financial Regulator and strong co-operation from industry.
The Minister for Finance, Mr Brian Cowen TD, today (Monday, 19 February 2007) published, on the Department of Finance website, the results of the 2006 Review of the Business Expansion Scheme (BES) and Seed Capital Scheme (SCS).
The Minister for Finance, Mr Brian Cowen TD, announced today (15 February, 2007) that he has appointed Mr Maurice Keane to be a member of the National Pensions Reserve Fund Commission.
Mr Keane is former Chief Executive and member of the Court of Directors of the Bank of Ireland.
- Leis an bhFondúireacht Airgeadais Shóisialta atá á sheoladh ag an Aire Airgeadais, Brian Ó Comhain, soláthrófar maoiniú i gcomhair airgeadais a bheidh in-aisíoctha ar rátaí inacmhainne le haghaidh tionscadail shóisialta agus forbartha agus fiontraíocht phobail
- Fuarthas €25 milliún de shíolmhaoiniú ó earnáil bhaincéireachta na hÉireann
- Social Finance Foundation launched by Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen, T.D. will provide funding for repayable finance at affordable rates for social and developmental projects and community enterprise
- €25 million in seed funding secured from Irish banking sector
- Board of Social Finance Foundation to be chaired by Peter Quinn
The Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen, TD, today (Sunday 4 February) published, on the Department of Finance website, the Report of the Review Group on longer-term lending limits as provided for by section 35 of the Credit Union Act 1997.
Fógraíonn an tAire Airgeadais Brian Ó Comhain T.D.
· Go bhfuil an Bille Airgeadais 2007 bunaithe ar pholasaithe forásacha an Rialtais chun cothromaíocht a chur chun cinn sa chóras cánachais ionas gur féidir leis na cáiníocóirí go léir, go háirithe na saothróirí ar íseal- agus ar mheán-ioncaim, tairbhe a bhaint as fás eacnamaíoch láidir.
Finance Bill 2007
Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen T.D., announces
· Finance Bill 2007 is grounded on the Government’s progressive policies promoting fairness in the tax system so that the benefits of strong economic growth can be enjoyed by all taxpayers, especially low and middle income earners
Speaking today (26 January 2007) at the Launch of “A Guide to the Midland Region” by the Midland Regional Authority, the Minister for Finance, Brian Cowen, TD, stated that the Opposition’s response to the National Development Plan 2007 – 2013 has been niggardly.