Total Savings and Loans
- Savings with credit unions remained resilient through the financial crisis and are now above pre-crisis levels.
- Loan volumes have declined from a peak of €7.3bn to €4bn, this is set against a backdrop of deleveraging across the Irish economy.
- Overall loan to asset ratio stood at 26% at end-2015.
Loan Arrears > 9 Weeks
- Loans over nine weeks in arrears increased significantly from 7% in 2006 to 20% in 2012. Since 2012 arrears have declined to 11% at mid-2016.
Average Regulatory Reserve Ratio
- The Regulatory Reserve Requirement in a credit union is at least 10% of the assets of the credit union.
- The average Regulatory Reserve Ratio continues to strengthen and stood at 16% at end-2015.