- This Division is responsible for the Department’s Risk Management Framework in line with the governance structure.
- The division will, where appropriate, align and co-ordinate with National Risk Assessment structure, the Financial Stability function at the Central Bank of Ireland and the risk function at the National Treasury Management Agency, identifying, managing and monitoring the operating risk and compliance frameworks and ensuring that they are embedded in the Department.
- The Compliance Unit provides assurance to the Executive Board, and ultimately to the Secretary General, that the Department is operating within the legal and regulatory framework laid down within Irish and EU law as applies to the Department and bodies under its aegis. This division is also responsible for providing legal advisory services for the Department through the Head of Legal and also the central processing of Freedom of Information Requests and Parliamentary Questions.
- This division is responsible for contributing to the IFS strategy and its follow through in the Department and supporting the Minister for International Banking (including IFS).
- This Division is also responsible for transaction processing which is aggregated in the production of the Annual Finance Accounts and monthly Exchequer Statement and Annual Appropriation Accounts; the operation and management of the Exchequer Account and Paymaster General function, internal Financial Management and Reporting including for clients.
Further information can be found at the Public Finance section of the website